The Type VII is probably the best known and legendary U-Boat of all times.
This new kit series is equipped with brushless motors on the main drive and comes with pre-cut vents in top deck and hull!
The hull unit is of the same high quality as the rest of the Engel KG model series made from hand laminated Epoxy and is very rigid. All other fittings and accessories such as the conning tower, diving planes, and rudders are made from resin and are highly detailed. The net cutter, reeling, and many other brass parts are pre-assembled and already soldered.
The model is outfitted with a radial division to allow the inner section (so-called technical frame or Tech-Rack) to be inserted. It is made of CNC cut PVC, which allows for easy and fast assembly. This entire frame is reinforced with alloy rods for additional support.
The WTC is a tube fabricated from 3mm (approx.1/8") PVC material and transparent.
The diving system consists of two piston tanks type XP750-12V (with 750ml volume each) and the electronic switch unit Tmax v2.0.
The Tmax Diving System offers a maximum of features such as proportional as well as individual control of each tank, three fail safe devices (max. depth via pressure switch, loss of signal and battery monitor) and LED status indication.
Tmax2 is ready for Static Depth Control TAES (item no. 1585-TAES-V).
The entire model's power system is based on 12 Volt.
All screws, bolts, nuts and struts are made of stainless steel, brass or alloy and are therefore rust proof.
The model is offered as a complete kit just like all other Engel submarines. To get it ready to sail, all what is needed are eight channel R/C system, servos, speed controllers, and, of course, rechargeable batteries.
Length 1973mm (77.7")
Width 182mm (7.17")
Weight 13kg (28.7lbs)
RC Channels: 5-8
RC Functions: Main Drive (2x), Dive Planes (1x), Rudder (1x), Diving System (3x), switch module (1x).
[The numbers in parenthesis show the possible assignment of channels]
- Hull Unit, hand laminated of Epoxy and with pre-cut slots on top deck and side vents.
- Conning Tower cast in resin, fully built.
- Cannonry (MG-C30 2cm and gun 8,8cm) fully built.
- Complete set of fittings, incl. fairleads, cleats, bollards, lamps (with acrylic glas), anchor etc.
- Soldered railings (for winter garden and upper deck)
- CNC cut Tech Rack for easiest assembly, complete with ready-made tubes and stanchions (alloy and brass).
- WTC (Water Tight Cylinder) made of 3mm thick, transparent PVC.
- Main Drive Unit with belt drive, ball bearings, two high quality brushless motors - ready-to-run.
- Rudder carrier, with sleeve bearings.
- Propeller shafts made of stainless steel with brass couplers.
- Brass propellers.
- Rudders and dive planes cast in resin with ready-made shafts.
- Complete set of R/C linkages.
- Complete set of screws, nuts and bolts all made of stainless steel or brass.
- Complete Diving System with proportional Switch Unit Tmax2, 2 Piston Tanks XP750-12V, Pressure Switch and wire leads.
Also included are three full size plans (scale 1:1), drawings in 3D, comprehensive English instructions as well as a CD-ROM with photos showing various assembly stages.